Recipe for Le Crémet d'Anjou - a Loire Valley dessert
Le Crémet d'Anjou
THE regional dessert available all year round!
Each restaurant and each household has it's own way to prepare this regional dessert.
Chef Pascal is proud to share his recipe with you. Our recipe for Crémet d'Anjou could also be called Crémet de Fontevraud!
Enjoy this local dessert and others at our Plantagenêt restaurant, it's on the menu all year round.
This recipe is a perfect match with Loire Valley white wines; either sweet such as Saumur moelleux or a bubbly such as Crémant de Loire or Saumur brut.
Ingredients for 10 portions
- 500gr of fromage frais with 20% fat content
- 200gr of cream (liquid, minimum 30% fat content)
- 200gr of fine sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- The night before: drain the fromage blanc: spread out on layers of kitchen paper or a clean tea toel in a strainer
- Scrape the inside of the vanilla pod and add to the liquid cream
- Whip the cream and sugar
- Gently fold in the drained fromage frais
- Transfer to individual jars such as 'Le Parfait' or wide rimmed jam jars such as 'Bonne Maman' with lid
- Top with your favorite fruit compote
- red fruits with a touch of balsamic vinegar
- diced pineapple and mango, passion fruit
- apricots, honey, vanilla, muesli
- apple, pear, walnuts, a hint of walnut oil
- flambéed pineapple or cherries
- diced green and yellow kiwi
- pineapple poached in saffron
- dried prunes poached in Loire Valley red wine
- use jam jars or 'Le Parfait' style glass containers
- some mint leaves, a home made cookie, fresh fruit
With love from the Western Loire & bon appétit!