Bistro lunch or dinner at La Croix Blanche restaurant in Fontevraud
Enjoy good French food and local dishes
Bistro lunch, dinner and snacks at restaurant La Croix Blanche in the heart of Fontevraud
A relaxing moment opposite Fontevraud abbey and the modern art museum
Choose our informal, cosy restaurant with log fire for a meal, an aperitif in our Lounge-bar, a relaxing lunch or dinner with friends and family.
Our keywords: bistro menu, a relaxed, authentic atmosphere, regional recipes, traditional home cooked French and international dishes, local ingredients.
Our drinks menu offers many Loire Valley wines, local craft beers, cocktails and good coffee & tea.
La Croix Blanche restaurant offers a wine list with 100% Loire Valley wines. Many wines by the glass to choose from or try our food & wine pairing.
In summer we serve our meals in the historic court yard full of flowers, in winter enjoy a table close to the log fire.
There is something for everyone - Bon appétit!
- open every day of the week for lunch between 12-14 hrs, dinner between 19-20.15 hrs
- however closed all day on 23, 24, 25, 26 of December 2022
- ANNUAL HOLIDAYS from 31st of December 2022
- vegetarian dishes are marked with (V)
Lunch & dinner
Our local speciality menu - l'Ardoise du terroir 35€
- La Gouline - a local pie with mushrooms, shiitaké, rillauds (pork), shallots, local white wine served with a light cheese sauce 12€
- Farmhouse chicken in a creamy mushroom sauce with Anjou white wine, potato-celeriac purée 20€
- Le Crémet d'Anjou - THE local dessert made with whipped cream and fromage frais, seasonal fruit topping 10€
- Two half bottles of Loire Valley wine among our selection 32€
- Home made duck liver terrine, pineapple chutney, toast 18€
- Classic French onion soup with Comté cheese crust 12€ (V)
- Vintage sardines 2019 served in their tin, toast, local salted butter 11.5€
- Organic egg poached in Saumur red wine with smoked bacon – locally know as ‘donkeys balls’ 13€
- Gravelax & smoked salmon, pickled vegetables, herb & lemon cream 13€
- Red & white chicory salad, Roquefort toast, caramelized pear, walnuts 13€ (V)
- Our butchers burger (180g), Comté, onion, pickles, sundried tomato pesto, French fries 19€
- Wild boar stew, with fresh pasta and lemon zest 21€
- Raw seasoned beef 'boeuf tartare’ (170g) with French fries 19€
- Crispy duck leg (skin on!), potato gratin with some garlic, bigarade sauce 20€
- Fried squid served with a tangy tomato sauce, baked new potatoes and grilled fennel 18.5€
Small bouchot mussels & French fries, cooked in the sauce of your choice: marinière (white wine, shallot, parsley), cream or Roquefort blue cheese sauce 18.5€
- Today's cut of beef (200g) with French fries or potato gratin, choose your sauce: herb & garlic butter, blue cheese or green pepper 23€
- Catch of the day, fish fillet, creamy risotto with mascarpone and lemon 22€
- Grantortelli with basilic & Parmesan, almond pesto 19€ (V)
- Local mushroom risotto 17€ (V)
Cheese & desserts (V)
- Three French cheeses with some walnuts & tossed leaves 11€
- Dome of lemon mousse served on a pure butter biscuit 11€
- French upside down apple pie with whipped cream 10€
- Gourmet expresso with 4 sweet treats (macaron, cannelé, sorbet et mini brownie) 10.5€
- Baba au rhum - a yeast cake in a sugar syrup with a shot of dark rhum 10€
- Crémet d'Anjou - THE local dessert: whipped cream, fromage frais, tropical fruit topping 10€
- 72% dark chocolate & walnut brownie, scoop of artisanal ice cream 10.5€
The name of Le Plantagenêt restaurant has changed to restaurant La Croix Blanche Fontevraud
- same proprietors, same relaxed atmosphere!