Classic cars, vintage automobiles and sports car events
Classic, sports and vintage cars
In these exciting modern times the fascination of everything from a bygone era has never been greater. The fastest growing forms of motorsport in Europe are historic racing and car tours. Hotel La Croix Blanche in Fontevraud (on the cross roads of Angers, Tours, Le Mans and Poitiers) is the ideal venue for a retro-classic weekend or a vintage car rally.
Our hotel is the ideal stop-over location when attending major historic motorsport events in 2021 and 2022 such as the Ralleye des Remparts in Angoulême ( 2.5hrs) or Le Mans Classic (1.15 hrs). Smaller events for motoring fans take place in Tours, Chinon and Le Puy Notre Dame (20-50 minutes drive).
At only 200 miles from St Malo and Ouistreham you’ll discover the Unesco World Heritage area know as the Western Loire.
The royal abbey and town of Fontevraud l’Abbaye are an ideal starting point for your discovery of the Loire Valley or as a stop on the way south.
Enjoy the beautiful scenery while driving on quiet country roads before arriving at famous châteaux, welcoming wineries and stunning medieval towns.
Do fit Fontevraud abbey, the Loire Valley and the pleasant informal French way of life into your road book.
Relax & enjoy: Mieke, the proprietor, will help you in English when planning your trip and can provide ‘off the beaten track’ suggestions for the road book so your gem can take you on a historic treasure hunt! Christophe, her husband, will assist in both French and English in case of a break down.
Informal dining and a warm welcome are the key words at our historic hotel.
This coaching inn dates back to 1696 and has been entirely refurbished combining modern comforts and historic features
- stylish accommodation: 24 refurbished rooms and suites (some with a vintage decor !)
- our restaurant ‘Le Plantagenêt’ with large flowered court yard and terraces
- choice of meals: bistro lunch, gourmet dinner, gala evening but also open for coffee stops
- regional architecture: fire places, tufa stone walls, slate roofs, beams, 17th century flowered court yard
- a free secure, walled car park with infra red video surveillance (cctv)
- an outdoor pool
- free wifi
Distances and driving times to motor sport events:
- Le Grand Prix Retro de Puy Notre Dame (July 2021) - 25 min. from hotel La Croix Blanche
- Le Grand Prix de Tours & Le Chinon Classic (June 2021) - 20 min. from our hotel
- Le Mans Classic (30th June-3rd July 2022) - circuit of Arnage at 75 min. from La Croix Blanche in Fontvraud
- La Croix Blanche: your ideal stop address for the Circuit des Remparts of Angoulême (September 2021) - 2.5 hrs from Fontevraud