Welcome to hotel La Croix Blanche in Fontevraud
- All-in short break at only € 99 pppd: stay before 1st of May 2018 – superior room b&b, dinner, drinks and more - obtain all details here !
- Dinner dance for New Year: sunday 31st December 2017
- Looking for black truffles weekend or day trip: December 2017 – February 2018
At Hostellerie La Croix Blanche, on the cross roads of Anjou, Touraine and Poitou regions, you’ll enjoy a warm welcome in a delightful character hotel opposite the Royal Abbey of Fontevraud.
In 2000 the Loire Valley became a Unesco world heritage site. Between Angers and Tours you’ll find some of the most stunning landscapes, monuments and vineyards. The splendid countryside and typical Loire Valley towns set among castles and cave dwellings invite you for an enjoyable, relaxing stay, a romantic weekend, a themed short break, a family getaway or a stop over on your way to the south of France or Spain. The ‘La Loire à Vélo’ bicycle paths as well as walking and hiking trails pass through town. Several golf courses at a leisurely 5-60 minute drive.
The historic coaching inn from 1696 has been transformed into a comfortable Logis hotel boasting 24 comfortable, individually decorated bedrooms as well as a cosy restaurant, bar-lounge, flowered terraces and an outdoor pool. The hotel still has many authentic architectural and decorative features throughout the building: slate roofs, tufa walls, decorative chimneys, beamed ceilings and a well-chosen combination of modern comforts in this historic setting.
Dine at leisure in our ‘Le Plantagenêt’ restaurant where we serve typical French dishes as well as seasonal gourmet cuisine in a casual setting. Savour home cooked meals with a modern touch.
In summer meals are served on our terraces too, in winter you can enjoy the log fires in our Le Plantagenet restaurant and our lounge bar.
We are proud to have earned the following awards:
- Logis de France has awarded three chimneys for our quality accommodation and character building.
- Logis has also rewarded us with three ‘sauce pans’ for the restaurant and a Logis Bacchus for the wine list.
- Our dishes are cooked to ‘Maitre Restaurateur’ standards, and the attentive yet informal team of waiters will be delighted to serve you!
- The 2017 Michelin guide awarded us two forks and a ‘red plate’ for quality cuisine with character, charm and a personal touch!
Our cosy bar-lounge offers an extensive selection of local wines, whiskies and a good selection of tea and coffee to help you wind down after a busy day of sightseeing, sporting activities or wine tastings. You can catch up with relatives and friends via our free WiFi connection or relax and read your book in one of the comfortable sofas or club chairs around the fire place.
Our hotel, restaurant and bar-lounge are accessible for disabled guests. Free on site car park with cctv video-surveillance is available for our hotel guests.
Enjoy your stay with us,
Christophe & Mieke Chabenat-Kruitwagen, proprietors,
and all the team at Hotel La CroixBlanche